Monday, March 15, 2021

Sheila L's Northern Neighbors quilt (continued)

 I'm still working on Sheila L's quilt today. (It's a very large king size quilt). I did something new today - I started using a new "spoon foot" for my long arm quilting machine. The idea of this foot is that the bowl shape helps the foot to not get stuck on thick seams. When your foot gets stuck on thick seams, you have to quilt very slowly, get skipped stitches, and worst of all - the fabric would sometimes bunch up and wrinkles were created. But the spoon foot works! I did a video for you to see! (Note that this is a different video than I posted on Facebook - that video was too long for Blogger).  This video shows the quilting on the "non-dense" seamed part of the quilt.

 


 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Blog!

We are here to provide you with affordable professional quality machine quilting and custom made-to-order quilts.

We specialize in:

  • T-shirt Quilts - We start with your T-shirts, jerseys, and uniforms to create a beautiful and useful quilt that will last for a lifetime.

  • Memorial/Clothing Quilts - We use your loved one's t-shirts or other clothing to create of quilt in memory of them.

    Whatever services we provide for you, be assured that your quilt will be handled and stitched with the same care, dedication and attention that I would put into one of my own quilts.
    I look forward to working with you and making you a life long client.