Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Machine's down... again... sigh.....

 Machine's down...again.... Sigh..... - It's been a tough week for my machine. First the needle came out of the shaft and got lodged into the bobbin case. Then we fixed it. Then I loaded one of my quilts and used a warm and plush batting - but then the top thread was poking through the back. So I loaded another one of my quilt tops with my normal warm and white batting. Problem solved. But then the thread started breaking. Turns out that this particular spool, halfway through, had some kind of sticky spot on it that happened during the manufacturing process.  Every time the thread came to that spot, it stuck and the thread broke.  After multiple times breaking, I was able to get past that spot.  So that is working.  Then, my bobbin winder on my machine stopped working.  There's a rubber tire that seems to have worn away (over the last 10 years). So I ordered that part and a self-bobbin winder.  Won't get those until Friday.  But here's the good thing - I got two of my quilts done over the last couple days.  These are made from the pattern called Big and Bold, using a fabric collection from Moda called Merry Medly.  I made two of these quilts, for my son-in-law's mother and sister.  I hope they like them!  I think everybody should have a Christmas quilt.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Blog!

We are here to provide you with affordable professional quality machine quilting and custom made-to-order quilts.

We specialize in:

  • T-shirt Quilts - We start with your T-shirts, jerseys, and uniforms to create a beautiful and useful quilt that will last for a lifetime.

  • Memorial/Clothing Quilts - We use your loved one's t-shirts or other clothing to create of quilt in memory of them.

    Whatever services we provide for you, be assured that your quilt will be handled and stitched with the same care, dedication and attention that I would put into one of my own quilts.
    I look forward to working with you and making you a life long client.