Sunday, January 20, 2019

Home from a quilt retreat!

So I've been at a quilt retreat in Michigan for the last 4 days! What fun!!! While I was there, I finished 6 complete quilt tops. (The borders I add here at home). My usual practice is, at a minimum, to have a quilt kit completely cut out before I go. Lately though, I've been going with the blocks done, then all I have to do is the setting blocks and put the quilt top together.

This is the Teal and Gray block of the month from Sonflower Quilts that ended in May 2018. I still have to add the borders to make it a full size quilt.


This was an alphabet panel by artist Janet Wecker-Frisch. I purchased it several years ago. Then thought about making a Christmas quilt for my granddaughter's toddler bed. So I set it using Sonflower Quilts Wonky Block pattern.

This was a Sauder Village block of the month from 2014. I had finished the blocks a while ago, but didn't want to use the book's setting. The blocks unfinished size was 11 3/4 - which is a very unusual size - so it took me a while to find a setting that would work. I'll add borders here at home.


This is an I-Spy quilt. I used a disappearing nine-patch pattern. It's a very busy quilt -but it will be fun to look at.

I made two identical quilts - pictured here is one of them. The fabric is an older fabric line from designer Sandy Gervais. The piecing pattern is called "Big and Bold" from Cozy Quilt Designs. I'll be added a small inner black border with a wider paisley print for the outer border.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Blog!

We are here to provide you with affordable professional quality machine quilting and custom made-to-order quilts.

We specialize in:

  • T-shirt Quilts - We start with your T-shirts, jerseys, and uniforms to create a beautiful and useful quilt that will last for a lifetime.

  • Memorial/Clothing Quilts - We use your loved one's t-shirts or other clothing to create of quilt in memory of them.

    Whatever services we provide for you, be assured that your quilt will be handled and stitched with the same care, dedication and attention that I would put into one of my own quilts.
    I look forward to working with you and making you a life long client.