Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Baby t-shirt quilt (continued)

My last post was about the really nice baby t-shirt quilt that I made for a client. Irene shared my Facebook post and below is what she said. I'm very grateful for my kind friends and clients!


My friend Jan at Sylvania Quilting made this awesome baby quilt for Samantha A's shower for Baby Harper. Our husbands have worked together for years, but this is the first time I have had need of her skills. I have saved "special" t-shirts over the years with a mind to putting them in a quilt, but quilting is outside my skill set- and I don't have time to learn right now! The sashing is "moose" fabric I bought ages ago and have used to make a few things for Gregory Moose A.  She designs t-shirt quilts the way I design a rosary with someone: we sit down and talk it out. She even had a catalog of quilting designs from which to choose- I settled on one that had an "antler" look to it. She did a great job placing the sashing fabric to show off the drawings. She even took two smaller shirt patterns and made them into a single block, so the 2x3 quilt actually had seven shirts incorporated. I was thrilled with the result- it was even better than I had hoped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Blog!

We are here to provide you with affordable professional quality machine quilting and custom made-to-order quilts.

We specialize in:

  • T-shirt Quilts - We start with your T-shirts, jerseys, and uniforms to create a beautiful and useful quilt that will last for a lifetime.

  • Memorial/Clothing Quilts - We use your loved one's t-shirts or other clothing to create of quilt in memory of them.

    Whatever services we provide for you, be assured that your quilt will be handled and stitched with the same care, dedication and attention that I would put into one of my own quilts.
    I look forward to working with you and making you a life long client.